Riga Pasaules Film Festival 2018
26-29 April, 2018
The Riga Pasaules Film Festival team is happy to announce the opening of submissions for the next edition of the festival. This edition, our fifth, will be held in Riga’s Kino Bize from 26-29th April 2018.
This year’s festival will offer special events, masterclass, a retrospective, and a thematic film programme.
The RPFF 2018 programme will explore the role of comedy and humour in documentary storytelling and subject matter. We are looking for non-fiction films that reference comedic forms to tell their stories and that explore subjects that are humorous, witty, and life affirming.
We intend to curate a programme that highlights different ways in which film-makers and film subjects use humour in their daily lives and are, subsequently, empowered by comedic strategies. We wish to screen stories that highlight incongruities through humour and, in doing so, offer a different kind of harmony than what is presented in the status quo.
We are interested in films that:
– Convey an empowering, rather than victimising message.
– Understand humour as an empowering political practise
– Explore the potential and value of comedy to offer an alternative to the established structure of relations.
– Consider the connection between humour and optimism.
In order to submit your entry, please consider the following:
1. Deadline for film submissions is 22nd December 2017.
2. Submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Please include:
– A link to the completed film and password.
– Completed entry form (see attached)
4. No fee required.
For updates on the programme please visit – http://www.kinobize.lv/rpff
NB! – Submissions that are not in English must be subtitled in English. In the event that the film is selected we will be requesting a file of the film’s dialogue so that we can subtitle the film to Latvian language.
We will announce our full programme, including this edition’s special events by the 25th February 2018.
Looking forward to your submissions!