The European Association of Social Anthropology (EASA) is happy to announce its Call for Films for the upcoming 15th EASA Biennial Conference, to be held at Stockholm University from the 14 -17 August, 2018. This edition of the EASA Conference will focus on the themes of “Staying, Moving, Settling” (more on the conference theme here).
The conveners of the Film Programme are calling for ethnographic documentaries that address, through their content or form, the complexities at stake in processes associated with staying, moving, and settling. We are particularly interested in screening documentaries that engage with “Staying, Moving, and Settling” as methodological approaches to think through the potential of the audiovisual medium to present anthropological research. This curated documentary programme and the Q&A discussions that will follow each screening will attempt to come to terms with the nuances and contradictions involved in the transformative effects of crises, routines, continuities, and change.
In order to submit your entry, please consider the following:
1. Deadline for film submissions is 5th May 2018.
2. Submissions must be sent to Andrew Mitchell – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include: A link to the completed film and password.4. No submission fee required.
- The holder of the copyright of the film authorises the EASA to screen the film without a screening fee.
- Programme will be announced on the 20th June 2018.
For updates on the programme please visit – https://www.easaonline.org/conferences/easa2018/
NB! – Submissions that are not in English must be subtitled in English.
We will announce our full programme, including this edition’s special events by the 20th June 2018.
Looking forward to your submissions!